Master of Business Administration (MBA) Major in Real Estate
New applicants are not currently being accepted to this program. Students interested in obtaining graduate education in Real Estate should consider enrolling in the Master of Science (MS) in Real Estate program.
The major in Real Estate provides MBAs with a working knowledge of the real estate discipline suitable for managing corporate real estate departments, consulting or a more direct career in real estate. In addition to a solid foundation in real estate, the major provides students with a basic understanding of overall business concepts associated with the broader MBA.
The MBA program is designed for individuals with work experience who aspire to organizational or entrepreneurial leadership positions. The primary objectives of the program are for students to develop and integrate: 1) analytical skills for decision-making that incorporates global, ethical and culturally diverse dimensions, 2) skills in assessing organizational performance and developing approaches for improvement, 3) leadership skills and 4) interpersonal skills that contribute to teamwork.
» Information on how to apply is available here.
Program Requirements (Total 39-63 semester hours)
» Visit the Graduate Catalog for a complete list of program and course requirements for all graduate programs.
- Foundation Courses (0-6 semester hours depending on previous coursework)
- Cornerstone Core Courses (6-12 semester hours; up to two exempted based on previous coursework)
- Functional Core Courses (12-18 semester hours; up to two exempted based on previous coursework)
- Real Estate Concentration Courses (12 semester hours)
- RE 8020 Real Estate Equity Investments (3)
- RE 8100 Strategic Management of Real Property in a Corporate Environment (3)
Select two courses from among any other 8000-level real estate courses.
- Non-MBA RCB Elective Courses (6 semester hours); if student wants to earn a major in Real Estate, one of these electives must be an 8000-level RE course.
- Capstone Core Course (3 semester hours)
- Real Estate Major Courses (6 semester hours)